The Yokohama Advan A10 is all about serious performance without sacrificing ride comfort.
With sidewalls designed to provide accurate steering response and a comfortable ride, the Yokohama Advan A10 is a great all-round performance tyre. Featuring a symmetrical tread pattern with twin continuous centre ribs, solid shoulder blocks and deep channels to help avoid hydroplaning, the Yokohama Advan A10 performs well in most conditions.
Buying tyres online with Hyper Drive is one of the easiest most convenient things you can do.
How do I know what tyre size I need?
The size of a tyre is printed onto the side of the tyre – on the area known as the sidewall. When looking for the size you will notice a series of numbers and letters on the tyre:
(If you are using the number plate search function, please confirm it is the same size on your vehicle. In many instances, tyre size can be changed from the factory)
In the above example, each section breaks down as follows:
- 205 - Width of the tyre in millimetres.
- 55 - Height of the tyre sidewall as a percentage of the width. In this case 55%. Also known as the aspect ratio.
- R16 - The diameter of the tyres inner rim in inches.
- 91 - Load Rating of the tyre.
- V - Speed Rating indicates the maximum speed for the tyre when at full load.
There are so many options, which tyres are right for me?
When choosing new tyres, there are a number of factors to consider:
- The weather and climate of where you live. If, for example, you live in a part of the country which experiences a lot of rainfall, looking at the tyres that offer good wet weather grip would be a good place to start.
- The type of vehicle you own. Cars, vans, 4x4s and camper vans require specific tyres – built to meet the unique requirements of each vehicle type. For this reason it is important to make sure you have the right type for your vehicle.
- Your driving style. Each tyre that Hyper Drive sells comes with an overview about the tyre. Evaluating these characteristics will help find a tyre that suits your style.
- Your budget. We understand that money is a major factor in choosing a tyre, and the temptation may be to go with as cheap a tyre as possible. However, tyres are the only contact your vehicle has with the road - so rather than think how cheap can I get tyres, consider how much can I afford.
Placing your online tyre booking:
Selecting Your New Tyres
Once you have selected the size and the quantity of tyres you need, you will then be asked to choose a fitting location.
Then, choose a date and time to have your new tyres fitted that suits you - easy as that!
How do I choose a fitting location?
Hyper Drive has over 250 fitting locations around New Zealand. Our fitting partners have been carefully selected to provide you with the best possible installation service. In most regions we will have several options for you to choose from.
Where will my new tyres be sent?
Your new tyres will be sent directly to your chosen installer in time for your tyre fitting booking.
Do I need to pay the installer for the fitting and balancing?
No. Once you have selected your installer on the website, it will add $27.99 per tyre for the fitting, balancing, tubeless valve and disposal. Hyper Drive will then pay the installer for the fitting. You will have nothing extra to pay at the installer unless you request them to do extra work.
Can I pay for my tyres at the installer?
No all orders need to be paid for via the Hyper Drive website before they are sent to your chosen installer.
What do I need to take with me to the installer?
On the day of your tyre fitting please ensure that you have printed out, or at least have a note of your Hyper Drive reference number. Also ensure that you have your locking wheel nut key and that the fitting centre is made aware of its location.
If less than four tyres are being fitted to your vehicle, make sure to confirm with the fitter when you arrive which tyres are being replaced – to avoid any confusion.
* Please note: it should take around 20-30 minutes per tyre – keep this in mind when booking a tyre fitting, especially if you are having four tyres fitted and a busy schedule.
When do I need to arrive for my fitting appointment?
You need to arrive at least 15 mins before your scheduled fitting time.
Can I get a Wheel Alignment?
Yes most of our installers offer this service. A wheel alignment is not included in the fitting and balancing cost. Usually an installer will charge around $79.00 for this service depending on the vehicle type.
How do I contact Hyper Drive?
Hyper Drive is available Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm. Our toll free number is 0800449737. You can email us on email@example.com.
How do I know everything is on track?
Once your order is placed we will send you the booking details confirming your order details, fitting appointment and order reference number.